Frequently Asked Questions
Many different situations can lead someone to seek counseling. These include:
- When you notice changes to sleep patterns, appetite, job issues or relationships.
- When you lack a sense of direction.
- You feel an overwhelming or prolonged sense of sadness and helplessness, and lack hope.
- Your emotional difficulties make it hard for you to function fully from day to day.
- Your actions are harmful to yourself or others.
- You are troubled by problems facing family members or close friends.
We are able to offer appointments after 5:00 pm Monday-Friday. These appointments are scheduled on a case by case basis and depend upon the counselors’ availability.
We currently offer counseling for children starting at the age of 5. Each of our counselors have different specialties and backgrounds in order to better match your needs.
We can provide counseling in whatever form you wish. While we do have clinicians who are able to help you incorporate your spirituality into your counseling sessions, it is not required. We do not require or pressure you into incorporating spirituality but we are capable of working with you if this is something you choose.
We can typically guarantee that you will see a counselor within one week. There may be some circumstances that would prevent this; however, we strive to get you help as soon as you need.
LPC stands for Licensed Professional Counselor and LMFT stands for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. For further information on these credentials, refer to http://www.lpcboard.org
The LPC Board of Examiners Rules and Regulations state that “Counselors do not share confidential information without client consent. The right to privacy may be waived by the client or their legally recognized representative.” Our office prides itself on maintaining a high level of confidentiality. We keep your information private unless you authorize us to disclose to those outside the treatment setting.
403 N. 6th St, Suite 2
West Monroe, LA 71291
Copyright © 2023 Finding Solace