403 N. 6th St, Suite 2, West Monroe, LA 71291
What Are The Signs & Symptoms of Depression?
According to the American Psychiatric Association:
Depression is diagnosed if a person experiences:
Persistent feelings of sadness or anxiety, and/ or loss of interest or pleasure in usual activities.
These first two symptoms must be present for at least two consecutive weeks.
Additionally, five or more of the following symptoms must be present for at least 2 consecutive weeks:
- Changes in appetite that result in weight losses or gains not related to dieting
- Insomnia or excessive sleeping
- Loss of energy or increased fatigue
- Restlessness or irritability
- Feelings of worthlessness, hopelessness, or inappropriate guilt
- Difficulty thinking or concentrating
- Difficulty making decisions
- Stomachache or digestive problems
- Sexual problems (for example, decreased sex drive)
- Aches and pains (such as recurrent headaches)
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Attempts at suicide
Depression is diagnosed if these symptoms are not due to other conditions or illnesses and are not the side effects of medications or substance abuse.
403 N. 6th St, Suite 2
West Monroe, LA 71291
Mon-Fri: 8:30am-12pm & 1pm-5pm
Copyright © 2023 Finding Solace